Amazon Merch Denials and What the New Application Process Looks Like

Main menu

Pages

Amazon Merch Denials and What the New Application Process Looks Like

So recently I’ve been hearing a lot about people who apply to Amazon Merch or “request an application” being denied.

Now I’ve been on Amazon Merch since 2015. Back when I got on the program wasn’t nearly as popular as it is today. I think it took less than a week from the time I applied to be accepted.

They didn’t ask much either, I think they asked for my name, e-mail and optionally a link to a website or blog if I had one. There really wasn’t much for them to judge you on. I imagine having a link to a site was a good thing as at least it shows you have some type of platform and existing audience, but that was about it. I doubt they even checked your site.

More recently however I’ve been hearing about a lot of people getting denail e-mails. I also heard on a recent episode of the Merch Minds Podcast about a designer friend of Glen and Yong who was denied despite being a professional full-time graphic designer and having an extensive portfolio of his he shared with them.

If this is true it would seem that Amazon is getting picker about who they let into the program. I imagine with the popularity of Merch as well as the surge in the number of shirts being listed, and a surge in the number of low quality shirts being listed Amazon wants to make sure their site doesn’t get too bogged down with low quality designs from inexperienced designers.

Now I’ll be the first to admit I’m by no means an extremely talented graphic designer, most of my designs are pretty simple text or simple graphic based designs, but I see some stuff on Merch much worse than mine ie a graphic or word with a big white box around it which clearly shows someone doesn’t know how to make clear background designs.

I guess I’m curious to hear from you guys who have applied recently what is the application process like? What type of information did they request from you? Did they ask to see a design sample? Did they ask for a portfolio? Help out your fellow Youtubers and Merchers and let us know what the current application looks like as well as any tips you have to share on how to get accepted.

The post Amazon Merch Denials and What the New Application Process Looks Like appeared first on .



from WordPress https://ift.tt/2MK9Vqd
via IFTTT